HELLO from the back in the Bay Area! Baby Love, El Hub and I made it got back yesterday afternoon.
Before heading out I meant to post a list of the products I was bringing with me, but I didn’t have a chance, so here goes now. Tracy, girl! — I know you also asked, so here’s the makeup I brought to Tahoe and also used for the look I’m wearing in the top pic.
Oh, and wouldn’t ya know it? The weather cleared up just as we were getting ready to leave… Don’tcha hate it when that happens?
Products I brought that I actually used on the trip…
Here are the products I actually ended up using, and I’ve listed them in the order they were used in the makeup I’m wearing in that pic at the top.
- Make Up For Ever Step 1 Smoothing Primer — On my cheeks, nose and around my mouth and chin
- Urban Decay Naked Skin One & Done Hybrid Complexion Perfector in Medium Dark — Applied all over my face to even out my skin tone (you guys know how much I love this stuff)
- Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Concealer in R40 — I use this orange-toned concealer as a color-corrector to cancel out the purple under my eyes.
- NARS Translucent Crystal Light Reflecting Setting Powder — I use the tiniest bit to set the corrector.
- Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Concealer Y33 — I apply this on top of the corrector as a concealer and to brighten my under-eye area. Then I use NARS Translucent Crystal again to set it.
- Hourglass Vanish Foundation in Beige — I apply a tiny bit to my cheeks, nose and around my mouth.
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Golden — To set my face makeup
- Benefit Ready Set Brow — Applied to bare brows to wrangle them into place and give my brow powder something to hold onto
- MAC The Monster’s Bride Palette — I only used Brun, which I used to fill in the spare spots in my brows with a stiff, flat eyeshadow brush.
- NARS Pro Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base — An old fave for priming my lids
MAC Pro Longwear Waterproof Colour Stick in Lilacked — This wasn’t in the picture I posted of my Tahoe makeup the other day, but OMG! — SO TOTALLY OBSESSED WITH THIS.
It occurred to me on this trip that I need to give this the Unsung Makeup Heroes treatment ASAP, along with my other favorite colors from the MAC Pro Longwear Waterproof Colour Stick line.
- MAC Nordstrom Naturals Palette — Using a MAC 217 brush, I mixed Woodwinked and Wedge, and then applied that on top of Lilacked Colour Stick, before applying Carbon with a flat eyeshadow brush along my upper lash line.
- Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof in 929 — THE BEST warm, shimmery brown! The Stylo Yeux pencils are pricey, but they never irritate my eyes and stay put all day long.
- Urban Decay Cannonball Waterproof Mascara — Holds a curl like WHOA
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette — I’m wearing Incandescent Electra blush, which I applied to the apples of my cheeks.
- NARS Apoline Lipstick — My neutral pink jam at the moment
Products I brought that I ended up not using…
I’d planned to do some looks with glitter and shiny liquid liner for going out to dinner, but that didn’t happen because of the rain (we didn’t want to deal).
In no particular order…
- The MAC Pro Longwear Waterproof Colour Sticks in Cinder Black, Tabby, Tea Leaves and Bitter Clove
- Benefit High Brow Glow Pencil
- Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof Eyeliner in Eros
- Clinique Quickliner for Eyes Intense in Intense Ebony
- MAC Eye Kohl in Powersurge
- Clinique Liquid Eyelining Pen
- The Estée Edit The Edgiest Kohl in Iced
- Urban Decay Razor Sharp Long-Wear Liquid Eyeliners in Goldrush and Snakebite
- Guerlain Terracotta 4 Seasons in 03 Naturel-Bruenttes
- MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Constructivist
- Chanel Illusion D’Ombre in Rouge Brule
- Hourglass Panoramic Lip Liner in Eden
- Urban Decay Naked Lipgloss in Sesso
By the way, random thing, but did you know that most hotels can send a baby crib up to your room if you ask them?!
The things you learn when you’re a first-time mom…
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
The post, “Makeup I Brought With Me to Tahoe (and What I Did and Didn’t End Up Using),” first appeared on Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup.
from Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/just-for-fun/makeup-brought-tahoe-didnt-end-using/
Alt Source: Startifacts Nose Hair Trimmer
from Startifacts Your Personal Grooming http://startifacts.tumblr.com/post/150872077799